HELP NEEDED: New Ninja skill

Post your ideas etc. about guilds and races here.

HELP NEEDED: New Ninja skill

Postby Suhis » 09.01.2017 22:01:38

So competition, we need new ninja use skill for staves and i decided to ask help from players.

No need to make it too complicated, its going to be main skill for melee staff side (going to replace snap strike)

So 1 use skill and 3 passive skills

SKILLS:
Skill "staff use skill": skill which is used, make description, make atleast 5 different damage stage messages, invent name for it.
Also explain its usage in here. There should be a bit different approach for wielding 2x staves (sticks) or wieldin 1 x staff (staff dual grip)

Skill "passive for use skill": create desc, explain me whats the idea behind this skill, etc
Skill "2th passive for use skill": same
Skill "3th passive for use skill": same

I'm going to reward 300 task points if i choose to use it.
Suhis

Re: HELP NEEDED: New Ninja skill

Postby Glorian » 10.01.2017 00:28:30

passive 1 "stick fighting" - gives a chance to do a double strike
desc: This skill increases your abilities to figh with staff weapons, maybe even score more hits.

passive 2 "way of the stick" - gives a change to do a third strike + blinding change (stun)
desc: This skill further increases your abilities as a staff master, giving you even more hits to your unwary opponents.

use skill "stick strike"
Staff can became a formidable weapon in the hands of a master. With this skill you can do devastating strikes with your staff and even momentary blind your opponents!

skill usage: You can do single strike (if both passive skills fail) or double strike (if only first passive is succesfully done) and triple strikes (if both passives are succesfully done)

skill messages:

you swing your <weapon> and <STRONGLY,HEAVILY,POWERFULLY,BRUTALLY,SAVAGELY) strike <monster>
..and with your excess training you notice a opportunity to do a second <STRONG,HEAVY,POWERFULL,BRUTAL,SAVAGE) strike (stick fighting)
...you are one with your staff and score a yet another <STRONG,HEAVY,POWERFULL,BRUTAL,SAVAGE> strike (way of the stick)
you managed to hit in critical areas (stun from way of the stick)

1h vs 2h: 1h is faster but weaker and 2h is slower but hits harder.
Glorian

Postby Zaryu » 18.01.2017 17:17:29

skill :Wrecking Smash
Focus your inner strength to deal a mighty smash on the foes with your staff / dual staff

Passive: Kiai
you notice that Yelling loudly after a smash heighten your fighting spirit, damage of few next blow increase slightly

Passive : Smash Flurry
You notice with the combination of your loud yell and smash that sometimes your foe enter in a short daze (probably thinking what he doing screaming like a retard), you pick this oppurtinity to stick in a few more blow( give a chance to do follow up attack on using smash. chance also affected by both Kiai and smash level
will smash flurry level would affect either number of strike you can stick in or damage, dunno.)

as for 3rd passive well not too sure... all I could come up is that
staff proficiency (pretty much the basic)
Increase proficiency of using staff increase damage of smash

if not that maybe something that increase kiai proficiency like Final Kiai, which would trigger at the end of flurry smash not too sure what his effect could be though...

you focus your inner strength and use your (weapon) to (damage name) smash (monster)'s body(or head)
Kiai!!!!! you yell loudly boosting your fighting spirit. for the next few strike you deal slightly higher damage
You notice (monster) entered in a daze let wake him up with a quick flurry of smash Furry deal (number of hit 1-3 hits i suppose) for (damage) each strike (should of course be much lower damage then smash)

well something along those line i suppose, though not sure if it would work all that well it might give you some idea... then again it is a ninja so even though it is a martial artist, the whole yelling might not fit its over all theme since ninja is usually more about sneakiness...

appart that i had thought of something like 'middle quarter' with your proficiency of staff your are more adept at keeping foes at bay thus increasing your parry ability. but that would probably be only suited for 2h staff

ps: main is Daryu could not log in due to last bug, and captcha not loading.
Zaryu

Postby Suhis » 20.02.2017 09:39:55

This case is now closed!

Thank you for your help.
Suhis

Return to Guilds and races